Invigorating mountain air, incredible feelings of exhilaration and impressive natural beauty – we will take you on an unforgettable day trip to the Zugspitze – Germany’s highest mountain!
The summit gastronomy and the unforgettable view over the Zugspitze massif and the Wetterstein Mountains are two exquisite reasons to soar to the Zugspitze with the completely newly built cable car. Typical Bavarian specialties are served in the panorama restaurant, garnished with plenty of panoramic views of the 2964 meter high summit cross!
Combine your accessible trip to Zugspitze with a walk around the nearby Lake Eibsee, with a stroll through the old town of Garmisch-Partenkirchen or a visit to Ettal Abbey and Linderhof Palace.
Accessibility Zugspitze ♿♿♿
- Disabled parking space (parking permit required) directly at the cable car
- Barrier-free access to the ticket office
- Disabled toilets at the valley station and in the restaurant at the mountain station
- Barrier-free cable car (staff will help you get on)
- Barrier-free lift to the viewing platform and to the restaurant at the mountain station
Accessibility Linderhof Palace ♿♿
- Disabled toilet in the parking lot (behind the kiosk, Euro key required)
- Distance from the parking lot to the ticket office about 260 meters
- Distance from the ticket office to the castle about 400 meters
- Road surface to the castle: asphalt, gravel pavement
- Companion for wheelchair users recommended
- in the castle: Scalamobil stair climbing aid – not suitable for electric wheelchairs!
- Wheelchair available for hire – only suitable for transfer passengers!
- Castle park, some steps and very steep stretches
- Access to the fountain not possible: stairs !
Photo Mount Zugspitze: (c) Philipp Drabinski