Neuschwanstein Castle – Private Accessible Driving Tour
There is hardly a building in the world that has been photographed as often as King Ludwig’s fairytale Neuschwanstein Castle! It often served as a template for fairy tales and Hollywood films. The “enchantingly beautiful view” of the castle, as King Ludwig called it, is a real treat.
Combine your basrrier-free excursion with a visit to the Rococo-style Wieskirche or a visit to Ettal Abbey and the “Royal Villa” as the Linderhof Palace is also called. Enjoy regional and seasonal delicacies in the royal beer garden in the Festspielhaus Füssen with probably the most beautiful view in the Allgäu!
Accessibility Neuschwanstein Castle ♿
- Tickets sometimes have to be reserved several weeks in advance!
- No nearby disabled parking space!
- Distance from the car park (at ticket sales) to the entrance of the castle for wheelchair users only possible with an external transport service (long lead time!) or by bus to the Marienbrücke
- Bus (with wheelchair ramp) from the parking lot to Marienbrücke, but then about 300 meters gravel path with a slight incline to the castle (very strenuous!)
- Lift dimensions in the Castle: door width 0.85 m, depth 1.30 m; Please check the dimensions of your wheelchair in advance!
- For fire safety reasons, only one wheelchair per hour is allowed in the castle. The visit must be announced in advance!
- No wheelchair groups!
- Meeting point: Pick up and drop off in front of your Hotel in Munich
- Meeting time: between 8 and 9 am in the morning
- Tour Duration: 8 – 10 hours
- Extendable to other destinations
- A manual wheelchair can be borrowed from us on request
- Accessible vehicle: maximum 2 wheelchair user and 6 persons
- Entrance Tickets, snacks & meals: not included
- Cool softdrinks inside the car: included
Photo Neuschwanstein Castle: (c) erlebe.bayern – Hans Sterr