Eagle’s Nest – Private Accessible Driving Tour
Drive along scenic roads and visit the Documentation Center Obersalzberg in the Bavarian Alps near Berchtesgaden and visit the Eagle’s Nest (Kehlsteinhaus) with its dark past. Combine your trip with a walk through the old town of Salzburg, Berchtesgaden or at Königssee, a trip up the Jenner mountain or a visit to a schnapps distillery.
Get ready for a full day experience with spectacular views of the Bavarian Mountains and a deep insight into Germany’s darkest history. This memorable guided tour starts at your hotel in the Munich area and includes an accessible vehicle transfer to the famous Kehlsteinhaus, better known as “Eagl’s Nest”. Next to the parking lot at Obersalzberg Documentation we will change the vehicle. With an accessible bus – equiped with a wheelchair ramp – we will drive up to the mountain on a very tight street. Right under the Eagle’s Nest building we go through a tunnel to the famous bronze elevator inside the mountain.
The viewing platform and the restaurant is fully accessible. The former dining room with the red marble fireplace is not accessible (five steps). According to a legend, Benito Mussolini gave the fireplace as a present to Adol Hitler.
Accessibility Kehlsteinhaus ♿♿
- Documentation Obersalzberg currently closed (August 2022)
- Disabled parking (parking permit required) near the bus station
- steep cobblestone path from the parking lot to the bus station!
- Disabled toilet at the bus station (Euro key available at the ticket office)
- Bus with wheelchair ramp, staff will assist with boarding, for manual wheelchairs and electric wheelchairs
- Elevator to the Kehlsteinhaus is barrier-free
- The restaurant and viewing platform are barrier-free
- Dining room with the red marble fireplace is not accessible (five steps)
- no barrier-free toilet in the restaurant
- Meeting point: Pick up and drop off in front of your Hotel in Munich
- Meeting time: between 8 and 9 am in the morning
- Tour Duration: 10 hours
- A manual wheelchair can be borrowed from us on request
- Accessible vehicle: maximum 2 wheelchair user and 6 persons
- no overnight accommodation on site
- Eagle’s Nest is open between May and October
- Entrance Tickets, snacks & meals: not included
- Cool softdrinks inside the car: included
Photo Kehlsteinhaus: (c) berchtesgadener-land.com Thomas Kujat