Due to its size of almost 80 km2, Lake Chiemsee is also called the Bavarian Sea! You can then take a boat to Herreninsel, where the magnificent Herrenchiemsee Palace is located. The Bavarian King Ludwig II had this palace built in the 19th century based on the example of Versailles.
Combine your accessible day-trip with a unique boat trip on Lake Chiemsee, with a visit to Herrenchiemsee Palace, its famous Hall of Mirrors and the imposing park, visit the Fraueninsel with its famous Benedictine monastery in Frauenwörth, enjoy traditional Bavarian cuisine, take a long walk along the beach promenade or simply treat yourself to a break at the lido, in the beer garden or drink a sundowner at the Übersee beach bar! Can also be combined with Eagle’s Nest or Salzburg.
- Disabled parking spaces directly at the ticket machine (no discount)
- Disabled toilet at the shipping company counter (Euro key required)
- Barrier-free jetty and ramp to the ship, staff will help with boarding
- on the island: gravel road to the castle, partly steep or
- paved road (for the horse-drawn carriages) to the castle
- Ramp at the castle, elevator in the castle
- Cafe and castle park are barrier-free
- barrier-free toilet in the castle (key at the cash desk)
Photo Herrenchiemsee Palace (c) Bayerische Schlösserverwaltung